At AISB we have Swimming Squads for the students who want to extend their swimming skills and also wish to represent the school in swimming competitions.
There are three squads, an Advanced, Intermediate and Development Squads.
Training sessions are held from 15:00 to 16.00, members of the Advanced Squads may choose 06.15 to 07.15, from Monday – Thursday
In each session, training sets focus on a particular stroke each week.
An additional session called “Club Races” is run on Fridays 15:00 – 16:30, where students will get an opportunity to race other students within the squad. These races provide a chance for the students to practice their 25 and 50m swims with recorded times each week, so they can work on achieving their Personal Best times.
Prerequisites for participation in the squads are:
- Attendance. Students must have a record of attending their regular class swimming lesson during the week.
- Attitude. Students must have a record of trying their best and have a great attitude to swim classes.
- Uniform. Students must wear the school swimming costume and a swimming cap to their training sessions and competitions.
Development Squad: one afternoon session plus Friday races
- Students need to be competent enough to swim 25m with good technique in the 4 strokes.
Intermediate Squad: One or two afternoon sessions plus Friday races
- Students need to be able to swim at 50m in at Freestyle and one at least other stroke.
- Students need to be able to start (streamline) correctly and finish correctly for of all 4 strokes.
- Students need to be able to understand basic swim training drills
Advanced Squad: one or two afternoon sessions, morning sessions 06.15-07.00, or four morning sessions plus Friday races
We will also be swimming against other schools in Swimming Gala Competitions.
Squads will be coached and trained by our aquatics staff:
Mr. Andre du Toit
Mr. Jonathon Kelly
Ms.Panitiyakorn Khumkaew (Mony)
For Further Details:
Contact Mr.Andre du Toit – email@example.com