English as Additional Language

There is a full time EAL teacher on each campus. These teachers assess the language learning needs of all students for whom English is not their native language; they develop appropriate curriculum aligned programs to assist non- English speakers; they work closely with the Homeroom teachers and the families and when students reach and independent level of communication in English, they graduate from the program.



Learning Support

Sometimes students require additional assistance because their learning progress is below the benchmarks for their stage of learning development. Delays in learning can be assisted by targeted one to one or small group support from a specialist Learning Support teacher who works with the Homeroom teacher and the parents to develop and individually targeted program to assist the student in overcoming the learning issues that are holding up learning progress.

earth-globe (1)


Special Educational Needs

As they get older and learning becomes more complex, students may show symptoms of Special Learning Needs. These needs can manifest in many ways, there may symptoms of dyslexia, for example or other identifiable learning disorders which cause issues for the student’s learning progress.
The schools SEN teacher provides help, to the teachers of the student and to the student, in some cases psycho-social assessments are conducted by outside specialist services who can provide therapy in various areas of special need, such as Speech therapy and Occupational therapy. In every case, the outside providers work with the school’s SEN teacher, the Homeroom teacher and the parents in a collaborative way.